We are looking for an artist to lead on our project namely ‘Genius Search’ that commences in autumn and will culminate in a showcase on 10th December. This is a music project integrated with events management working with 15 creative young people over 10 weeks and leading to an Arts Awards qualification.
Aim of the Job
To lead on music project team assisted by other tutors work with groups of teenagers to develop songs and pieces of music plus choreography and a showcase in which they will be presented. The project will start in October 2016 and will last 10 weeks and will be required for a minimum of 2 hours per week.
The Lead Music Tutor needs to be
1. Substantial experience in managing arts or have managed a similar project before.
2. An experienced artist in his/her own right with track records of creating music, songs and dance.
3. Ability to play a variety of instruments.
4. Experience of working with young people in a music related activity.
5. Experienced workshop facilitator that can encourage and enable young people to express their ideas, whilst also having the wherewithal to enhance those ideas in a way that fits with what was intended by the youngsters.
6. Able to guide the team and the groups of youngsters through the showcase performance
7. Able to demonstrate to the young people the difference between creating a piece of work and performing it.
The position will be paid at an hourly rate to be agreed. The role will be subject to an Enhanced DBS (Disclosure Baring Service/Police Check) and 2 satisfactory references before confirming the appointment. Please submit a CV or a covering letter to email@example.com to apply for the position. If interested in finding out more information about the position, please contact John Zavuga on 07957 721679. The position will close if sufficient applications have been received.