We are looking for a music tutor to join our music project team namely ‘Beyond Music’ that commences on Saturday 16 February and will culminate in a showcase on 13 April 2019. This is a music project integrated with events management working with 15 creative young people over 9 weeks. Music workshops will last 2-3 hours, every Saturday, starting at 11.00 am. The project is based in Tottenham, London, N17 8PQ
Aim of Job
To work with a group of teenagers on a music project team to develop songs and pieces of music plus choreography and a showcase in which they will be presented.
The Music tutor need to be:
- Experienced artist in her /his own right with track records of creating music, songs, dance and performing.
- Able to play a variety of instruments (desirable)
- Experienced in working with young people in a music related activity.
- Experienced in workshop facilitating and can enable young people to express their ideas, whilst also having the wherewithal to enhance those ideas in a way that fits with what was intended by the youngsters.
- Able to guide the team and the groups of youngsters through the performance
- Able to demonstrate to the young people the difference between creating a piece of work and performing it.
The position will be paid at an hourly rate to be agreed. The role will be subject to an Enhanced DBS (Disclosure Baring Service/Police Check) and 2 satisfactory references will be required
Please submit a CV or a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for the position. Interested in finding out more information, please contact John on 07957 721679